First Aid at Work (FAW) and Emergency First aid at Work (EFAW) certificates requalification
Please note: Released from HSE 23rd September 2020.
FAW or EFAW certificates that expired after 16 March 2020 can remain valid until 31 October 2020 or 6 months from date of expiry, whichever is later. All requalification training for these certificates should be completed by 31 March 2021.
To qualify for the extension, employers must be able to demonstrate that:
- they have made every effort to arrange requalification training as soon as possible and can explain in detail why they have not been able to do so. For example, they must show evidence that staff with expired certificates are booked on to EFAW or FAW requalification courses, if requested by an inspector
- they have adequate and appropriate equipment and facilities to give first aid to any employee who is injured or becomes ill at work
- the level of first aid cover provided remains appropriate for their particular work environment
- the level of first aid provision necessary in high risk settings is fully maintained, eg in construction, agriculture, engineering and chemicals
This guidance now applies to employers in England, Scotland and Wales.
This two day requalification course is designed to refresh the first aiders knowledge and skills along with obtaining any recent updates in first aid procedures.
It can be attended in two consecutive days or you can split the course so that it is scheduled 1 day per week over 2 weeks. As long as it is completed within 6 weeks.
You can enjoy re-living the experience of practical sessions and dynamic teaching methods from one of the 'Pulse' training team.
We can come and deliver this course at your work setting or you may join one of our schedule courses.
Should you require one of our trainers to deliver this training at your workplace you have the flexibility of starting the course as early as you would like or alternatively you can request a later start on a dates of your choice that suit you and your staff.
A current first aid certificate must be held by the individual. Evidence of this will need to be shown to the instructor on the first day of training. This course may be attended up to three months before the certificate expiry date but must be completed within 28 days of the certificate expiry date.
Each student will receive a colourful, comprehensive manual and a certificate that will be valid for 3 years.
Assessment: You will be required to successfully complete a short multiple choice paper and will be assessed on your practical skills to qualify for your certificate
This First Aid at Work Requalification course has a mix of theory and practical elements. You will be required to kneel on the floor for some of the practical elements.
- Students should be aware that they must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
- Students must be physically able to carry out the practical assessments detailed in the Course content to achieve the course certificate
- Students must hold and must produce a First Aid at Work or First Aid at Work Refresher certificate to the course instructor which is valid for the duration of the training on the first morning of their course. If you are unable to find your certificate you should be able to gain a copy from the provider you took your last course with.
If you have any concerns about your ability to complete this element please contact us to discuss.
Should you require a RQF accredited course please let us know as we can also offer this option click here for more details.
This course is most suited to:
Those qualified in First Aid at Work who require re training to sustain the validity of their certificate.